Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Classic Night 2.27.86-2012


Nothing was as “classic” as last evening.
I’ve bounced back and sustained the drive harbored within. I thought about quitting the audition for the play this week, thought about forgetting all about my birthday because I was angry and frustrated with my mother, then I realized that it’s my birthday and no matter what news they may spew towards my way, I am going to be okay. I am going to be okay because I am a strong, phenomenal woman and I have wanted to attend that audition since the minute I laid eyes on the monologue and character break-downs. I mean, if I don’t give it a shot, someone else will! Not to mention, my best friend came all the way home from the Pocono’s just to be with me for my birthday. It was definitely my special poignant day and I have felt the love, even with a delivered call from Burberry, text messages and conversations with my brothers though not my mother (but I do miss her but am upset, and this too shall pass), but with the love stemming from the social networks and 96 posts counting: I have had love, real and unspoken, the truth and that through which is hidden. My soul can tell and I believe in it. That’s a start because, what do you have in life without the power of belief: in yourself, of others, mankind, and the journey that is in store? The date was yesterday, February 27, 2012 and it was my birthday. I had a blast and am thankful for the blast from the past, which is what it was like.



I met my best friend, Abby, in New York City in the train terminal, and she tagged along with me to Burberry to pick up my band (Burberry watch). We hopped along the city, it was more like “Sex and the City,” and proceeded to visit Barnes and Nobles, while we waited for the 8:00pm production of “Million Dollar Quartet,” to start. We read the “Help,” which is an amazing novel I happened to be finishing up, chatted about life, love and men, and shared our dreams. My dream was to continue writing and acting no matter what happens in life because it’s my destiny, and will commence forth with the audition this Thursday. I also stated that I wanted to start a “Love, Life, Relationship, Sex in the City Carrie,” kind of Column with a little twist, while working as an editor in this city for a firm or magazine. Along with this, I’d be attending auditions part-time and planning to attend some graduate school courses for Broadcast Journalism and Creative Writing. The first task I must complete is finishing my Bachelors Degree at Berkeley College this December. It will be wonderful because I am ready. Abby wants the same things out of life, but we’ve different career fields we par-take in. She’s in graduate school and for some reason, I believe she’s going to be a child psychiatrist or therapist, or work with animals. However, whatever she wishes to do in her life, she has received my support. I know what it means to follow your dream and stick through it. This, I am hoping she does and she will. I will too, and will not let another human soul take the gift of love that has been bestowed upon me. “

If this isn’t dramatic, then I don’t know what is because everything I write or portray comes from the depths of my soul.”

I’d like to think that this is the beauty from within, and you have to grab a hold of what you desire. For if not, it’ll slip away. That’s not what I want to happen with my writing or acting: this is a destiny. I’ve even had a few Professors tell me to continue writing, acting and that Broadcast appears to be in my future and I am proud. I’ll never give up something that I love because of the next man unless it’s a detriment at my seeds will, but that’ll have to come to pass in order to happen. The theatre and the writing the scripts, my story, page by page, is where I belong, and when you really sit down and think about it:

Life is one big giant story-book.”

These were the same exact feelings I’ve felt last evening, at the theatre with Abby viewing “Million Dollar Quartet.” It was aw- inspiring but, I really believe that Elvis came back to town and it was thrilling. The cast made you feel like you weren’t in the audience; you were cast (apart of) in the show. This is the epitome of what a Broadway show should be.

I had tons of fun, for after we left Barnes and Nobles, to drop off the “Help,” and then the quick run to the theatre, then I knew that this was worth every penny and minute. Seeing the show and heading to dinner thereafter.

During dinner in Chelsea at Rafaella, of course there happened to mega banter. I mean, what happens when you put Kyemma Vivian Campbell aka “Vivian Campbell” and Abby Francis in a restaurant together, there’s going to be immense chattering. Meaning, we haven’t spoken or seen one another in a while so this was bound to happen- the talking. Please do know that everyone speaks. We have been friends for 12 years so that should explain it. The funny thing is I cried when I opened the card, to the photo snapping and the excessive conversations regarding the convoluted illusions the world will try to place you in, men, and all the usual stuff. It was something to talk about and I think it makes the history between us so very interesting. That’s the deal.

So I’ve had my Pinot Noir, my pasta and the theater, which will always make my night! Not to mention a gift card from Forever 21: I love them along with many others- well, their Love21 and Heritage lines. The point is, my birthday like any other day, turned out to become my day except it’s a special day. I know that I am blessed beyond belief, relief and the theatre is my special friend yet the key to my heart.

Like Professor Minkus-McKenna says Never stop writing, never stop..”
Therefore if I never stop writing I’ll never stop the stage.

Thanks to the many special, wonderful people in m life for making my birthday turn out this way. It was fun; can’t wait for the photographs……©February 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment